Metal Fabrication Apprentice - Girraween
- Apprentice opportunity with C-Mac Sheetmetal.
- Great career opportunity in Sheetmetal and Engineering
- Earn while you learn!
Apprentice Light Fabrication (Sheetmetal Worker) - 1st Year
We are currently recruiting a young person to commence as a 1st year apprentice Sheetmetal Worker with a leading manufacturing company in the Western Suburbs of Sydney (Girraween).
This is an exceptional opportunity to start on a career path that will lead you to obtaining a nationally recognised qualification in Certificate III in Light Fabrication.
The successful person to undertake this full time job needs to be a motivated young person with a genuine interest in a long term career.
About this job role:
In this role you will be taught to read drawings and specifications to determine materials and tools needed to fabricate various products.
You will work with a range of metals such as Mild or Carbon Steel, Aluminium, Stainless Steel, Galvabond, Copper & Brass. Sheet Metal is considered to be between 0.45mm to 3.0mm in thickness. This job roll will allow you the opportunity to work with heavier steels as well.
You will use a variety of hand and power tools to cut, shape, bend and join the sheet metal to create the final product.
Increasingly as you learn you will be involved in the setting up and the use of Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) machines.
You will report to tradesmen, the workshop foreman and the section manager.
You will be responsible for:
- Reading and interpreting workshop drawings and fabricating as per the instructions
- Working in varying size teams to produce quality items for customers
- Adding to the positive work culture
- Assisting colleagues as required
- Utilize various metal working machinery and hand tools
- Maintaining a clean work area
- Work experience or hobbies around mechanical applications
- Written and spoken English
- A motivated individual with a desire to commit to a 4 year apprenticeship
- The ability to commit to study requirements while attending TAFE
- Possibly completed pre-apprenticeship training or similar training
- Lives locally
- A genuine interest in metal fabrication, a hands-on person
- Mechanically minded & a self- thinker
- Willing to work in a team environment
- A person who takes pride in their work achievements & is quality oriented
- Reliable, punctual & willing to learn
- Able to follow instructions thoroughly
A long term career opportunity with the possibility to continue study after completion of apprenticeship by doing a diploma, degree and even a post graduate degree.
Interviews and selection are underway with a view to an immediate start.
See website:www.cmac.com.au for background information on the business.
How to Apply:
Any applicants should submit their resume by email to Steveg@cmac.com.au ASAP for selection to be interviewed.
Ensure all your contact details are supplied.
Is there a career path in manufacturing at C-Mac? See 'Matt's story' here...
Original Job Vacancy Announcement on C-Mac's website: www.cmac.com.au/employment
C-Mac Industries, 72 â 74 Mandoon Road, Girraween NSW 2145Contact Details: Steveg@cmac.com.au or (02) 9631 6000