Training & Careers
All business and industries need skilled labour to survive. Education and skill development are vital to the development of strong, robust businesses and a competitive thriving industry.
Those who do not invest in their skill development are gambling with their future. One day you are ahead, the next barely keeping up.
Staff and business owners in the nursery and garden industry have access to training and skill development activities via multiple networks including:
- State association workshop activities and field days
- National training workshops
- TAFE network and other government funded institutes
- Private Registered Training Organisations (RTOs)
- Government departments, such as the Department of Primary Industries
- Specialist groups
- In-house training (i.e., skill development performed within businesses and organisations)
The nursery and garden industry offers recognition to those individuals who continually update their skills. In today's competitive marketplace, superior customer service, up-to-date product knowledge and staff professionalism is crucial to attracting customers and retaining their loyalty. How can you gain recognition from your customers and employer for these qualities?