Nursery and Garden Industry Future Structure Committee Announced
Nursery and Garden Industry Australia Limited (NGIA) President, Mike Mehigan, announced at the recent National Conference in Adelaide the formation of a special committee to conduct a broad ranging review of the current structure of the NGIâs and make recommendations for the future.
A final report will likely be presented to the NGIA Board in November 2016.
The committee will be conducting a series of town hall type meetings during 2016 where they will be seeking member input.
The committee is made up of:
- Gary Eyles, Chairman, NSW citrus tree grower
- Glenn Fenton, Deputy Chairman, VIC Nationwide Trees
- Gena Campbell, QLD Redcliffe Garden Centre
- Carl Heyne, SA Heyne's Wholesale Nursery
The NGIFSC is required to:
- Consult broadly with NGIA, State Associations and members.
- Consider the structure of similar national and international not for profit organisations and what can be learnt from their experience.
- Consider the financial implications of the current structure and make recommendations on financial efficiencies of any future structure.
- Make recommendations on the future structure of the NGI and what constitutional changes will be required.
- Consider the heritage issues associated with the current structure and how those matters can be preserved.
- Not to consider any issues arising from the Nursery Industry Levy.
- Whilst being aware of the potential of a wider âgreenâ industry, this is not to be considered for the purposes of a future structure.