Nursery Coordinator | Penrith City Council, NSW
Are you looking for an exciting career in a place of limitless opportunity? The city of Penrith sits at the foot of the Blue Mountains, alongside the Nepean River, and is home to approximately 198,000 people. We employ approximately 1200 permanent, temporary and casual employees across a diverse range of fields and are committed to attracting and retaining the best people. We offer a diverse range of career paths with a strong commitment to training, education assistance, paid parental leave and flexible working arrangements.
City Presentation delivers a range of services that provide clean, well-presented public spaces in the Penrith Local Government Area. Comprising over 200 qualified and driven staff, areas of opportunity for employment include civil construction and works, horticulture and landscaping, fleet management and workshop servicing, trades and public cleansing and maintenance.
Our team ensures that council spaces are well maintained and always ready for use by our residents, are sustainable into the future, and significant assets, community buildings, roads, drainage, fleet, parks and open spaces provide the required level of service in a cost effective manner for present and future residents.
In City Presentation, we seek staff who are organised, take pride in their work, and are willing to go that little bit further to ensure the little details make their work speak for itself. We encourage personal and professional development, and pride ourselves on a culture that encourages staff contribution and involvement.
This new role exists for an experienced individual who shows motivation and passion. The position will be responsible for coordinating and managing the day-to-day operations of Council's Production Nursery. The Nursery is currently under re-development.
The position requires extensive supervision of operational staff while building extensive relationships with a variety of key internal and external customers who will rely on the service to produce quality plants and trees in a timely manner. Critical will be the opportunity to form strong links with local social enterprise organisations around providing employment/work experience programs for a range of their clients.
- Tertiary qualifications in Horticulture, Nursery Production/Operations or similar discipline
- Extensive experience in leading a production nursery &/or horticulture operation including longer term strategic planning
- Demonstrated experience in business management and work production planning
- Demonstrated customer experience and engagement background with a range of internal and external customers
- Ability to manage staff in aspects of training, supervision, and performance management
- Current Class C Drivers Licence
- Previous experience in Local Government
- Proficient computer literacy skills
- Tertiary qualifications in Frontline Management/Business or related discipline
- Demonstrated knowledge of plant and equipment including irrigation systems used in production nurseries
- Demonstrated experience in forecasting and/or identifying further service enhancement and efficiency gains
- Hold chemical users accreditation certificate or equivalent
Salary: From $84,200 per annum, plus 9.5% superannuation. A competitive salary can be negotiated commensurate with the skills, qualifications and experience of the preferred applicant.
Applications close: Sunday, 15 March 2020
To view the position description and submit your application, please visit careers.penrith.city
In addition to a cover letter and resume, intending applicants are required to submit comprehensive responses to the selection criteria by 11:55pm on the closing date. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
For further information about the position, please contact Murray Halls on (02) 4732 8067.
Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.