Nursery Hand | Colourwise Nursery, Peats Ridge, NSW
The successful applicant should be a trade qualified person holding a Cert III in Horticulture or similar, although all applicants with over 3 years’ experience within the industry will be considered.
This position requires the person to work closely with the management team, both within the production aspects of the nursery as well as the despatch team.
It is expected that the candidate has the ability to motivate and help lead a team of experienced nursery staff to produce a premium quality plant and help maintain current best practices currently established.
The successful candidate will need to possess:
- A strong understanding of production horticulture
- Plant knowledge
- Pest and disease knowledge
- Irrigation scheduling and water management knowledge
- Current Australian driver's licence
- Own transport
- Computer skills and experience using programs such as Excel
- Excellent work ethic, highly motivated and the ability to think for themself
- Physically fit
- Punctuality and good presentation
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Available to work some weekends when required
Additional skills that are also taken into consideration but not essential include:
- Current forklift licence
- First aid certificate
- ChemCert certified
- HR Licence
Preference will be given to those who have worked successfully in a team environment.
An attractive salary will be negotiated according to experience.
If you are seriously interested in a career with one of the industry leaders please forward your letter of application and resume, complete with the contact details of two referees, via email: email@example.com