Nursery Propagator | Blacktown City Council | Blacktown, NSW
Job No: BC1673
Blacktown is a vibrant city located in the very heart of Greater Sydney, half-way between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains. It is a city of ambition and excitement. With a total of 54 residential suburbs, and population of 395,000 coming from more than 180 different birthplaces, Blacktown City is one of the most diverse communities in Australia.
Working in Blacktown City provides a wealth of professional opportunities. Blacktown City Council is the largest council in New South Wales, fourth largest in Australia and a leader in the development of the western Sydney region. With almost unmatched growth expected over the next 25 years, we are on an exciting journey of transformation to prepare for a population of more than 612,000. There has never been a more exciting time to join one of Sydney’s most dynamic and high-performing councils as we continue to deliver outstanding levels of service for our proud and diverse community and prepare our great city for the future.
Blacktown City Council strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities.
About the Opportunity
An opportunity exists for an experienced nursery all-rounder to help us 'green' Blacktown. If you like propagating, growing and maintaining plants to beautify local parks, streetscapes and natural areas then we have an opportunity for you.
This is a permanent full-time position working at Council's Plant Nursery.
Qualifications & Experience
- Certificate III in Horticulture
- Suitable experience in plant propagation
- Class “C” driver’s licence
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- ChemCert/SMARTtrain Certification
- NSW WorkCover WHS Construction Induction Certificate
- Knowledge of applicable legislation/regulations
- Availability to work flexible working hours
Remuneration & Benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $1,147.10–$1,284.80 (Grade 6) per week will be offered based on skills, qualifications and experience
- 38-hour working week
- Rostered day off (RDO) every fortnight
- Opportunity to participate in Council's flextime arrangement
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our Commitment to Safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Please follow this link to view or download the position description and to access Blacktown City Council's online application process.