Become a Member
The Nursery & Garden Industry NSW & ACT (NGINA) is an industry-led, membership-based, not-for-profit organisation that is the peak industry body for operators in the nursery and garden sector in NSW and ACT. This can include:
- growers and producers of plants
- wholesalers and hirers of plants
- retailers of plants and related products
- industry gardens and landscapers
- allied traders—suppliers of growing media, chemicals, containers, tools and equipment, etc.
- service providers including consultants, training providers, government departments, etc.
Members of NGINA range from small- to medium-sized family-based operations through to multinational corporations and all share a passion for greenlife and for the industry.
Such a diverse membership brings with it many different needs and requirements and that's why we have created a range of membership categories.
- Trading Member — for businesses with 5 or less full-time equivalent* employees
- Enterprise Member — for businesses with between 6 and 20 full-time* equivalent employees
- Corporate Member — for businesses with more than 20 full-time equivalent* employees
- Student Member — this includes a subscription to N&G News, access to Sydney and regional trade days, and invitations to attend our four NextGen events held throughout the year
All members, regardless of category, can access and utilise a broad range of membership benefits that are designed to assist members in growing their business, increasing their industry knowledge and staying informed.
* Full-time equivalent (FTE) is not just the number of full-time workers you have. It’s also not just a headcount of all your workers. It is a measure of all your employees in a way that makes them comparable.
You can determine the number of FTEs you have based on how many full days a week an employee works. If an employee works five full days a week they are classed as 1 FTE. If an employee works three full days per week they are classed as 0.6 FTE (three working days/five week days = 0.6).
So if, for example, you have five employees all working three full days a week (i.e., 5 x 0.6) you have 3 FTEs.
For further information please read our membership prospectus.
If you're ready to become a member, please complete our application form and return it to NGINA HQ.